Home Forum Magazines Component Car August 1984

Component Car August 1984

Geoto
Sep 8 '25 at 16:06 (UTC)
#1

Component Car August 1984


I have a copy of this which has an introduction by Peter Filby saying it is the first issue. I also have the September 1984 issue which says that the August edition was was not on national distribution and only available in London, so presumably it is a rarity. I bought these myself and have had them since 1984.

Does anyone have an idea of the value of these and/or anyone interested in buying them?

carmagmanNZ
Oct 10 '26 at 22:54 (UTC)
#2

I got most of those to 1986 (not that edition) - The original publication began in 1979 under another name - Peter Filby was bit of a personality in Kit Car circles in the UK and he went on to write for future kit car magazines and I think he still does for Kit Car International and he may have written a few books. Usually around about $3-5.00 NZ each I would expect and probably appeal mainly to kit-car enthusiast only. Here in New Zealand, we have a Club where I was one of first 20 members of the club attending for about a year as I planned to build a Fraser 7 with Toyota 16v engine but I never got around to buying it and realised my mech skills were not up to the task so I brought a Opel Manta 2.0 GSi Liftback instead! - The club is called the Constructors Car Club Inc - So no doubt in Australia there must be something similar

Here is the NZ Club
https://www.constructorscarclub.org.nz/